Saturday 29 October 2011

Individual Game: Post 1

For my game I have decided to create a simple but effective 'Stay Alive' game. I will create a character that is restricted to left and right movements, and is confined to one stage space. Objects will be bouncing from left to right and my character will have to avoid being hit. The objects will be randomly generated and for each one that's goes off the right hand side of the stage will count as a point to the player.
Each player has 8 lives and each time they are hit by an object, they lose a life. The idea is to stay alive as long as possible to achieve the highest score.

Theme ideas:
I have decided to stick with an underwater theme. This was mainly because I had a think about what character I could use to go left and right, my first thoughts were a crab, so now they have stuck. I have started create an underwater background, then I will move onto the character art and the objects, which I have decided to use coins for.


This is my stage design. This is an incomplete version of my background.
I'm pleased as to how the progress of this design is coming along and once i have completed this I will finish my character and object design.

Once this is completed I will then move onto the code for the animations for the movement of the gold coins and the crab character.

No comments:

Post a Comment