Thursday 20 October 2011

Group project - Post 1

So far I haven't posted anything about my group project. So now I have pretty much completed all my first tasks I believe it's a good time to show off my work.

The group that I'm in have decided to create a point and click shooter game with a 1940's/1950's theme.
We are going to display the game by using a black and white graphic novel style. The game will also feature skill shots where you can use the environment to kill one or more enemies in different ways.

My main role within the group is produce the art work.  I'm currently really enjoying doing this work to contribute to the group as it is what I have always loved doing. I started out by sketching our first level background. Although I am using Illustrator and Photoshop, we have decided to keep the sketchy style of art as it keeps it looking more like a comic. I have always had a cartoony style to the artwork I create and I feel this ties in well with the style we want to feature in our game.

Okay, so here are some of my designs for the first level background:


Left side of room: Looking out the window over an alley way.














 Left side of room: view of inside the room, showing location of window.


Right side of room: view of inside the room, showing location of door.











Right side of room: Door opening wide, dark figure of a man appears, bright back light shining through the door.









And yes, I know! Amateur mistake from me, drawing a CD player in a game with a 1940/50's theme.
This is currently in the process of being changed in Illustrator.
These are all sketches I have completed briefly. They are in the process of being vectorized in Illustrator ready to be imported to Flash.

2 comments:

  1. Nice man, looking good so far :D
    Only thing i noticed is that the shading isnt consistent, but the work is top notch bud, n1 =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look great. I'm looking forward to seeing how the game looks when it's put together. While the blog seems to have posts relating to several areas of your work, there doesn't seem to have been much related to the material covered on Intro to Critical Games Studies posted for a while ...

    ReplyDelete